Directions and Campus Map for the NYJM conference at the University at Albany
If you don't see what you want here at the moment, check back. This
page is under construction. If you have questions, write to
Mark Steinberger, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Karin Reinhold,
The airport is not far from the campus. If you are flying in, you
should take a cab to the hotel.
Campus map. Note: the Ramada is a bit
farther away from the campus entrance than is indicated, due to lack
of space on the map.
- The academic buildings are all on a raised platform, called the
podium, in local parlance. It surrounds the "tall tower" and the pool
indicated on the campus map.
- The Math and Stat department is on the Northeast corner of the
podium, in the building labeled "Earth and Atmospheric Science".
We occupy the first floor of the building. The lounge is in room 152B,
and there is a computer room across from the department office,
with some X-terminals and PCs capable of
- In the middle of the podium is a sunken area surrounding a pool.
The pool is enclosed by glass walls, on the other side of which are
lecture rooms, called Lecture Centers. The talks will be in the
These rooms are on the side of the pool farthest from
the Math department.
- Plenary talks are in LC1.
- Talks in Modern Analysis and PDE are in LC25.
- Talks in Ergodic Theory and Probability are in LC1.
- Talks in Lie Theory are in LC2.
Sketch of the major roads near SUNY. The
University is near Exit 2 on the portion of I90 that
runs between the New York Thruway and Massachusetts.
- If you are traveling East on I90, Exit 2 leads directly to
a light on Washington Ave.
- If you cross Washington at the light,
you will enter the campus.
- If you take a left at the light, you'll come to the Howard
Johnson's on your left.
- If you are staying at the Ramada or the Capital Lodge, take a
right at the light. This will take you to the intersection of
Washington and Fuller. Take a left on Fuller. Fuller ends at Western
Ave. Take a left onto Western. The hotels are on your right, and the
campus on your left.
- If you are traveling West on I90, the exit leads to Fuller Rd.
If you take a left on Fuller, you will come almost immediately to
the intersection of Fuller and Washington.
- Take a left onto Washington
to get to either the Howard Johnson's or the campus. (The campus will
be on your right, and Howard Johnson's on your left.)
- If you are staying at the Ramada or the Capital
Lodge, cross Washington, staying on Fuller until you get to
Western Ave (Fuller ends there), and take a left. The campus will then
be on your left and the hotels on your right.
If you are driving South to the campus on I87 (e.g., from the
airport), take the exit for I90 East, and follow the directions above.
The main East-West city streets near the University are Western,
Washington, and Central. (See the map). Most of the area restaurants
are accessible from one of them.