New York Journal of Mathematics Conference:
Session on Ergodic Theory and Probability
Session and plenary talks are in LC1.
- 5:00-7:00pm Reception in the Math Lounge (Earth Science 152B)
Greetings and organization of carpooling to dinner
- 9:15-10:15 Roger Jones, DePaul University
"Convergence of convolution powers"
- 10:30-11:00 Jal Choksi, McGill University
- 11:05-11:35 Nat Friedman, University at Albany, SUNY
"Mixing sequences and rigid sequences"
- 1:00-2:00 Plenary Lecture: Roger Howe (Yale University)
"K-type structure of principal series representations,some
- 2:10-2:40 Idris Assani, University of North Carolina
- 2:45-3:15 Jim Olsen, North Dakota State University
of Bourgain's Return Times Theorem"
- 3:15-3:30 coffee break
- 3:35-4:05 Raj Prasad, University of Lowell
All the lecture halls have a blackboard and an overhead projector. There
will be additional open classrooms which can be used to discuss mathematics.
These classrooms will also be open during Saturday.